Thursday, 19 November, 1998. Joshua Tree, California.
I have to say the routes in Joshua Tree are quite a bit harder than at Red Rocks. And more memorable.
Favorite Josh climbs:
- Room to Shroom (5.9) - perfect hand jams!
- Run for your life (5.10b) - beautiful face climbing once your at
the first bolt
- Solid Gold (5.10a) - as good as everyone says. Including the second
- Touch and Go (5.9) - almost more face climbing than crack
- Overseer (5.9) - looks intimidating, but isn't
Favorite RR climbs:
- Galloping Gal (5.11a) - excellent steep facing climbing. Nice long
- Friction Face, Panty Waist (5.8) - excellent face climbing
- Yaak Crack (5.11d) - steep with great holds. Wish I had more gas
to have onsighted it.
- Dog Wall - good stuff here. Had the place to ourselves on a weekend. April Fools (5.10a) and Purple Haze (5.10d) standout.
Has anyone done a climb at Josh called Leaping Leana? Starting from the base this is hard! Its rate 5.6, but is definately not! The only climb I fell off on at Josh! Jumping across the chasm (on top rope for me) was fun, and the remaining climbing was only 5.6 but the jump...